All NYT links:
1. Fewer people are suffering from dementia than in the past.
2. We could soon have a pill to replace the gym.
3. DNA has discovered authentically American dogs – and they’re super-cute.
4. There will be fewer brown-outs in the future.
5. A large fan outside can keep mosquitoes at bay.
6. Woody Allen may return to stand-up (and work with Louis C.K.)
Update from a reader:
Love the new feature. I hope this a new regular. We need more of this. It counterbalances the fatigue effect. If every day all you hear is bad news, you start being pessimist. There is still, despite the daily chaos, plenty of reasons to be happy about the road traveled and the possibilities ahead. Cheers to that!